Your Bag

Add subscription to use 30% discount for litter

close icon

Catalyst Pet

Catalyst Biodegradable Pet Waste Bags

Biodegradable Waste Bags

Catalyst Biodegradable Pet Waste Bags

1 box contains 4 rolls of 15 bags - 60 bags in total

Catalyst Biodegradable Waste Bags are made from bioplastics that come from corn, and biodegrade in just weeks compared to other waste bags that go straight to the landfill (even if they're labeled green, they're often just made from recycled plastics that still never biodegrade). These bags do a great job protecting your environment while keeping your house clean.


  • Made from a renewable resource (corn)
  • Biodegrades in just weeks (about 3 months in a typical environment)
  • Feels matte and nice to touch, not plastic-y
  • Controls odors perfectly

Subscribe so you don't have to think about ever running out of waste bags

Existing subscriber? Click here to add to your upcoming order Shop Litter
Add some litter (one-time or subscription) to your cart to be able to add the pet waste bags to your cart (we cannot ship our pet waste bags separate from the litter).Shop Litter
Add some litter (subscription only) to your cart to be able to add the pet waste bags to your cart (we cannot ship our pet waste bags separate from the litter).Shop Litter

our benefits

Each box has 4 rolls, each with 15 bags (so a single box will have 60 bags).

Biodegrades in just a few weeks, instead of lasting forever in a landfill!

Odor controlling and durable - these bags will make sure you can’t smell your litter anymore

Feel the difference - the bags just have a nicer feel than plastic. Don’t believe us? Try it out yourself!

Greenwashing Pet Waste

Many leading manufacturers of pet waste bags market their products as environmentally friendly, highlighting that they are made from 65% recycled materials. While this is a positive step, it's important to consider the entire environmental impact. For instance, the remaining 35% of the materials—what are they composed of? Additionally, despite containing recycled content, these bags typically end up in landfills where they do not decompose, which poses an ongoing environmental challenge.

Solution for Pet Owners

Our new biodegradable waste bags, on the other hand, come from corn, and are 100% biodegradable, reducing the amount of landfill waste. They do a stellar job protecting your house from their smelly contents, they don’t break, they’re wide enough for your scoops to fit in, and they actually just feel nice on your hands (yes, this is actually what our consumer group said!). We’ll make it convenient for you by putting them in the same shipment as your litter, so you won’t have to keep on remembering to order them. And of course, you can always skip a shipment if you have too many! 

How to order

If you don’t have a subscription yet, you can add a biodegradable waste bag subscription to your cart at the end of the checkout process (under the extras section).

If you do have a subscription, and want to add the biodegradable waste bag subscription, you can do so by going here: [my account url] -> Manage Subscriptions -> Browse All Products -> Click on Biodegradable Waste Bags. Alternatively, you can just email us at and we'll add it to your subscription. We unfortunately cannot ship the pet waste bags separately from the Catalyst litter at this time. 

buy now
What are these bags made out of?
These biodegradable waste bags are sourced from corn, and are made up of PBAT, PLA and Cornstarch. PBAT and PLA are both a type of renewable bioplastic.